Sneak Peek into 2012



Welcome to 2012...I wonder how long it will take me to remember to write the new year on the board? I hope you have enjoyed a bit of a break! I look forward to the second half of our year! These next few months are my favorite as we get off to a good pace in our learning and start to really grow into 2nd graders! Here is a sneak peek at some of our units of study for the new-year!

Literacy
Reading: Making predictions before and throughout our reading. Components of non-fiction in reading.

Writing: Small moment stories with a focus on beginning, middle and end and adding more details. We will start a winter small moment story and focus on story components of characters, setting, problem and solution.

Math: Geometry 3D & 2D shapes and addition fluency. We will start setting some goals to become more secure in our facts.

Science: Continue balance and motion unit and begin study of geology/rocks & minerals.

Comments

Popular Posts