Homework- How is it going?

Just checking in about the homework set up. I know it can look overwhelming at first glance and wanted to take a minute to walk you through it. I recorded a quick video to explain the set-up for this week-- I could have been here all night recording it- not a fan of my voice no matter how many times I practice-- so please bare with me :) Anyways, it should give you an idea. If you need any clarification please let me know! 

To listen to the video you will need to watch from a desktop/laptop because flash player is not supported by apple mobile devices. You can download the educreations app if you want to view from a mobile device--It is free, quick and easy. 


For the first few weeks we have been going over the packet with your child. Your child picks what activities they wish to complete by highlighting them in yellow. I think the set-up will get easier as they become more comfortable with the expectations. We begin it together when they receive the packet so they can ask any questions- if your child is still confused once they get home let me know. The video may be helpful for your child to view too. 

The kids seem excited about having some choice and most seem motivated-- I know that it can be hard after a long day to do more thinking. Do what you can with your child-- If there are any issues, confusion, etc. please let me know and we will work on it together. 



FREE homework Incentive
For each packet your child completes and returns by Tuesday, they will receive one letter, which will eventually spell out HOMEWORK. For example- they have received a H for their first completed packet and soon to be an O for their second. Once they spell out HOMEWORK they will earn a free homework pass. The letters will be kept in their APE book pouch as a visual reminder :) 
HOMEWORK

Comments

Popular Posts