First Week Fun!


We have had an awesome first week--well four days anyways! I am so impressed by the kids stamina over the past week- it seems like summer came back to visit and it has been HOT, not to mention hard to get back into a routine after a fun summer! I am sure some have been coming home tired (like myself) but we have had a great time getting to know each other and build our classroom community. I have to say-- I am LOVING multiage. The kids are already interacting well together & helping each other out-- it is awesome to be a part of! As soon as I have the O.K. to post pictures of your child I will share their week with you-- I can't wait. I take internet safety very serious and will NOT post your child's first or last name anywhere on our social media accounts. Ms. Decoteau, our UNH graduate intern read us First Day Jitters. We all got a kick out of the story because it was the teacher who was afraid to get out of bed and go to school! Without fail, every year, I have jitters for the first day of school and meeting new students. It is usually a sleepless night for me. We talked about how we felt about our first day in a new classroom with a new teacher and friends. 

In the next month we will be setting up our classroom environment and structure. This is so important at the beginning to create a safe, productive learning place. Academics are weaved throughout but I feel social learning is equally important. Next week we will be brainstorming values & expectations for our classroom. We will also dig deeper into our social studies unit on Pets. We will learn about what animals need for survival and the differences between domestic and wild animals through non-fiction book clubs. Mark your calendar for our open house Thursday, September 18th at 6:30 P.M to learn about our curriculum and see what your child has been working on! There will be 2 sessions- one at 6:30-7ish and one from 7-7:30.

Twitter and Instagram are two other ways I communicate with families. I love these platforms because I can send reminders and activities to try with your child to extend learning at home. It is also great for quick updates throughout the day and conversation starters for dinner time. I know many parents ask what their child learned each day and get the "nothing" answer-- got to love kids! Rest assured that is far from the truth!

Make sure to check out our Pages tabs below our blog title. There you will find more information about our day and curriculum.

Comments

Popular Posts